Are you a novice actor who imagines and dream about his first role in a movie? This may seem like a daunting task, but in fact, all Nollywood stars started from something, and not all this starts were easy and trouble-free.
Ultimate dream of almost every actor – to wake up one day and get famous worldwide recognition. To succeed you need to make some effort and follow the recommendations of brothers in trade, who have managed to succeed.
First, you need to learn by heart few monologues and prepare your portfolio to demonstrate your knowledge in the movie industry, and then find a movie audition and perform in front of its director. If you want to learn more about how to show your best sides.
To make your dream come true and to prove that all the efforts were not in vain, we will share with you few secrets of successful attending of Nollywood auditions. To be more relaxed and confident you need to note the following tips:
- Make warm-up activities: First, before you go to the audition, try to make warming-up activities. Show all familiar to you emotions, try to do it convincingly: show joy, surprise, frowning face. Let your friends or relatives to be judges, so they tried to guess the emotion, and at the same time, they will help you with understanding if you are convincing.
- Calm down: The biggest challenge before auditions it is to stay calm and restraint. You should remember that excitement is enhanced by fear of the unknown. You need to know in detail where and under what circumstances and conditions audition will be. Any details about the upcoming audition will be useful, who will be the audience, who is the director.
- Have good diction: It is highly important to have a good diction and ability to express thoughts. Having good diction, charisma and good acting, you can succeed as an actor.
- First impression: It is necessary to decide what you want to wear, what makeup and hair dress to have, remember that first impressions are most lasting.
- Be punctual: Never come late for your auditions. You should be in time, otherwise it can serve you a dirty trick.
- Be natural: During auditions, much attention is paid to the way you react to life situations, the same emotions of joy and sorrow. Be natural, do not overact and you will succeed.
- Be confident: To be more relaxed and confident during audition. Try to rehearse at home or in a public place. Dispel all doubts and fears. Therefore, during the audition you will be able to show all that you know and can do it without hesitation. Don’t be afraid to look like a fool, the main thing is not how foolish you look, but not to be a fool. Play as if nobody is watching you.
- Be prepared: At the beginning, you will be asked to tell a little about yourself. You will have little time (about 3-5 minutes), premeditate your story: it must not be too long and boring. Try to find something that distinguishes you from the crowd. Talking about your talents, do not forget to show them.
- Cultivate useful contacts: Certainly a lot of people will want to come and take part in the audition. All you will be the competitors, it is better to treat it more quietly. Instead of having to worry about who will be the best, try to make new friends, it will help to defuse the hectic atmosphere and while away the time. The ability to find a common language with strangers, can help you in your future career.
- Know what you want: Before going to an audition think about why do you want to become a nollywood actress. Try to imagine nollywood movies starring you as a main actress. It is known, the glory does not come immediately. Even the smallest role, the same extras can affect your future career. So, go for it! It is time to promote the national cinema.